Thread: Ceramic Pipes
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
Tyler

Default Re: Ceramic Pipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayslayer View Post
Ok, thanks, i'll try to get better pictures. Are there any markings I could ask him to look for?
Well that is tough to say. There are literally thousands of pipe markings and symbols stamped on the shank and stem that identify the maker of the pipe. Now, if it was just down to either Sanda or Paronelli I would be able to tell you what to look for but the pipes could be from any maker. I really can't tell except by looking at a clearer picture but I can post this website that has alot of the symbols, markings, etc. listed. He can go on there and try and look them up himself but alot of times symbols are nearly identical and it takes someone who really knows pipes to distinguish between them. I still consider myself a novice but I used to buy, restore, and then resell estate pipes so I have seen quite a few brands, but I am still no expert.

If it is just between Sanda and Paronelli then Sanda would have a big S on the stem, the mouth piece part, and the pipe would more than likely be made of plastic and have a metal inner bowl. It would also feel rather cheap in the hand.

If it is a Paronelli it will have either a capital P, J looking pipe symbol, anchor, or turquoise dot on the stem. More importantly though it would be stamped on the shank, the extension connected to the bowl that the stem goes into, with the word "Paronelli" on it and it would probably have "Made In Italy" on the other side.

Without more clear pictures I can't say for certain what pipe brand it is. Here is a link to the website. I don't mean any of this rude at all. I am here to help if you need me to look at the pictures or whatever. Hope this helps!

http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/index-en.html

Last edited by Tyler; 02-04-2011 at 09:02 PM.