View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: 150-qt coolidor build research

Scotty.... Are you planning on using the cooler sitting on it's bottom. or sitting on the side, cabinet-like? If you plan on using it like a cooler (sitting on it's bottom), as long as the seal is good, don't sweat the latch issue. If using upright like a cabinet, then I'd say it could well be an issue that you should remedy. Some coolers have interior slots that BOTL use as slots for shelves, and use the cooler like a cabinet. That's "upright". I assume they either have better latches on the ones they use, or devise an alternative. I'd imagine you could find half a dozen or more secure latches at most hardware stores, so I'd say pick one you like that will span the distances involved, and go with it, if using as an upright.

I personally use mine as chests, and stack them. None of mine have latches. And I use several smaller (70 qt or so) coolers verses larger ones, because they are easier to move, and can be tucked into closets and smaller places than the bigger coolers.