View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #2659
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you reading?

In the last couple weeks I read...
All 4 books of The Hyperion Cantos, which were good, but about 3 books too long.
Childhood's End - Arthur C. Clarke. Might have been a real piece that spoke at a time, but I didn't think it was all that great. Not nearly for the accolades it gets.
Going Postal - Terry Pratchett. Funny and kept me hooked.
Lock In - John Scalzi. It was pretty good. I'd recommend it.
I am Legend - Richard Matheson. I started reading it yesterday morning and never put it down till I was done last night. I loved it. It was nothing like the movie, as you can imagine, wasn't strung out an extra 10,000 words, and was pretty damned awesome.
Slaughterhouse Five - Kurt Vonnegut. Bleh.

I know there were a few more in there that I finished, and at least 3 or 4 that I started that were so awful I gave up.
I Am Legend was easily the best of the bunch.

Edit:
I just saw the couple posts above. I thought I was the only person in the world who ever waded through The Cantos.