View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #3507
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
Maverick ET732, Mark. High temps, dual probes, wireless, great company reliability. Amazon has them for $58.
Just wanted to say thank you to you and Brent (Smokin Gator) regarding the feedback on digital meat probes

I'd been reading about the above prior to you guys getting back to me. Lot's of pro' and con'. More pro than con though and just decided to move forward and purchase the ET 732 from Amazon. Looking forward to receiving the unit to start playing around with it. Don't think I'll need the 300' remote feature, but nice to know that I can be sitting watching a Packer game only 70' away from the smoker.

Also, remodeled my Weber One Touch grill recently with some firebrick (similar to Adams (T.G) grill shown earlier on in this thread). Performed a little slicing with the circular saw and used a metal file to put the final touches to the brick. Looks good and it all fits pretty darn good where I can use the "minion" method for the charcoal. I'll post some pix later on this...

BTW, looks like you guys had a good time bbq pig at that event Jamie. Must of been great smelling all that flavor and smoke in the air