Old 08-23-2018, 06:41 AM   #5182
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Sure. Last time I split a 1-ton order with another person in August of 2016, each of us took 1000lbs of pellets, the costs came out at:
$9.90 per 40lb bag of standard pellets
$6.80 per 20lb bag of specialty pellets
$10/person group buy coordination fee

I believe they ship from Wisconsin. Shipping and delivery in our case worked out to $120/person to have it brought to a commercial location in Northern CA that had a forklift. Obviously transport distance plays a factor here. If you want to set it up to have everyone on the GB meet at the shipping depot, then you can cut the transport costs a bit more. If you want a residential address and/or having lift-gate service would increase the cost by some amount.

So yeah, I walked out of there with 1000 lbs (21 x 40#, 8 x 20#) delivered to a friend's brewery (he has a forklift) less than 2 miles from my house for $392. Which puts my averaged cost at a mere $15.68 per 40-lb bag.

If you want to collect the money, then everyone saves the $10 coordination fee.

They do partial pallets also, starting at quarter ton, although the cost per bag goes up. IIRC, when I looked into this on my first order in 2015, I think it 2/3 of a ton was the same cost as a full ton due to higher bag cost and lower transport at the time.

https://bbqpelletsonline.com/
Look under "Get Quotes" and they'll run the numbers for you.

If you don't have anyone to split with at the time and you want the bulk pricing of a larger order, just tell them and they will try and find people in your area to jump in on the order.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote