Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Case of the Expanding Ring Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
Yea, I've definitely seen that before. I always figure the B&M owner would gently guide them in the other direction hehehe.

Maybe it's an advertising thing to challenge our machismo? I don't know, just trying to figure out why.

Over the past 7-8 months I've turned a few of the "big cigar, big ring" less experienced smokers (in other words, members of the majority) into people who now prefer smaller ring gauge cigars. Funny, one of them is totally hooked on lanceros and coronas now - won't smoke anything else.

One of them was into the larger RG cigars because of the "better tobacco to dollar ratio". That was his primary reason for the 54-56RG toro sized cigars that he smoked - he hadn't even really tried the smaller cigars, he just went right for that extra $1 for the supersized McCigar.

Another was just basing it off what smoked on the golf course where a big cigar will last the better part of 9 holes.

Another reason I've often heard is that they prefer how the big cigars smoke cooler. Ok, makes sense if you aren't going to slow down when you smoke a thinner RG.

In all the cases, it was they simply didn't know any better - no one ever explained it to them. They just walked into a shop and bought what made sense to them.

Last edited by T.G; 07-25-2012 at 04:16 PM.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote