View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #34
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fourth Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaase321 View Post
Sorry...that was a lot of talk about waivers!! lol.
I am cool with these three waiver options:

1.) a cap of 30 (as Scott suggested) and anything over results in troop sticks
2.) Not allowing waiver pickups until 2 days after the games are played (so Tuesday morning)...then have it be a free for all like in the past
3.) The auction process of buying guys on waivers.

I checked the site, I can make changes, and basically by you giving me co-commish rights, I can change all settings...the only thing I cannot do is "give" commish rights to anyone else, that's only you...but we should be good.

I'll make the scoring changes here soon on the site to do what we think about the bonuses and missed FGs. If anyone has any problems or reservations about those changes, it is a simple fix to change them back
Excellent on the access and making changes. That's awesome.

1.) a cap of 30 (as Scott suggested) and anything over results in troop sticks
2.) Not allowing waiver pickups until 2 days after the games are played (so Tuesday morning)...then have it be a free for all like in the past
3.) The auction process of buying guys on waivers.

On 1, let's consider cutting that cap back.
My thinking is that we raised far fewer troop smokes than we should have last year. About 150 short of the previous year. That sucks ass. If this little dealio can pull in even 50-100 smokes that would be awesome. At 30 moves it may never come into play.
I decreased the team size, so there will be good FA's all the time. That should make for lots of waiver moves and lots of troop cigars.
If we do that, a cap of 15-20 is good.
I do like the auction process. It's just too much work to do and you'd be stuck with it, and you're already gonna be overworked. The "pay for waivers" is easy to follow and guys can self-report, or we just look at the league page.
I'm fine with #2. That's exactly what I was thinking. Open moves Tuesday morning at 8:00 (or 11:00 if we end up with any left coasters playing).
On 3, I covered that.

So we're really, really close.