View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Definition of "Tongue bite"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blendtobac View Post
Leathertongue and tongue burn are the same thing. The reason we need to define the difference between the two is that I get a number of calls and emails asking for help with these problems, and if I can't determine what the source of the difficulty is, I can't properly advise people how to deal with it. I can tell you that, going back to the seventies, the difference between the two was generally understood, but back then, you were more likely to know a number of pipe smokers who could clarify things.

Russ
If they are the same, is there a difference between them? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy your articles, but that quote threw me for a loop. It seems now you are trying to define 2 types of tongue bite-1) one stemming from the way the tobacco itself burns (burns hot, which in turn burns the tongue) and 2) one stemming from a reaction of the tongue and palette resulting from a chemical reaction in the pipe smokers mouth (difference in pH, for ex.) Both of which have different remedies to alleviate them.