View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #20
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (23)
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Undercrown Corona ¡Viva! by Drew Estate (pre-release)

Had one of these last night. It was ROTT, so I wasn't gonna review it, but made some notes nonetheless.

Pre-light this is one unique-smelling baby. A deep, rich and spicy combination that I can only compare to Mexican chocolate, with cinnamon and some cloves floating in the background.

The appearance is luscious and flawless; the wrapper is like a thin sheet of the darkest chocolate, while the tobacco in the foot is the color of espresso foam.

As Dan noted the smoke is rich and dense, heavy in the air. The flavor at the beginning is just a powerful kick of well-fermented tobacco, with undertones of spice and a clean, dry finish.

Later on and past the middle flavors intensify and become somewhat sweeter, yet retain a slight bitterness, like perfectly-prepared Cuban coffee.

The last part is intense and chocolatey, sort of brooding; nothing comes through clearly, but there's a lot going on in that smoke. I expect that a few months' age will define the edges of this cigar and say whether its solid core will turn into something special. But it is definitely something you could enjoy now if you wanted to...or couldn't wait, like me :