View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 09:38 PM   #12
GhostRyder
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Sam
Trading: (2)
GhostRyder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lets See Your Hunting Rifles

Ahh great thread. I just bought my first deer (and-whatever-else-I-decide-to-hunt-in-the-continental-US) rifle. I wanted something that I'd be proud to hand down to a Grand kid. I went with a nice wood stock, Remington 700 CDL in 7mm Remington Magnum. I topped it off with a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14x40mm scope with a MilDot reticle. It is doing great so far. I love it and it is hella accurate. It is a nice change from my mall ninja world where I buy up "tactical" items like its my job (although I guess it sort of is).

Anyway, I highly recommend the 7mm Mag cartridge as it can drop just about everything in the U.S. It has good long range ballistics (the secret service uses it in a handful of the sniper rifles). The Remington 700 is also beautiful. I've had great luck with my 870 SuperMag 12 Ga and the 700 seems to be just as reliable. Just make sure when you mount the scope to put the screws for the rear mount in the rear mount and dont switch them up. Otherwise your bolt won't lock... problem.
GhostRyder is offline   Reply With Quote