View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #33
rrplasencia
monica lewinsky

First Name: Richard
Trading: (55)
JL Navy (Served With Honor)
rrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Looking for rifle suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbag View Post
I would shop at Bass Pro to figure out what you want, but I would likely purchase online at a place like "Buds Guns" or elsewhere. Then just have it shipped to your FFL of choice. Unless money isn't an option.

Had a Tikka 300wsm, action was like butter and the trigger was sweet. Also had a Remingtion Tactical model, while it shot ok I didn't feel like I should have to put another $600/$1000 into it to make it reliable. I never knew if it was going to load the next round. But if you going to be shooting 600 to 1000 yards you may want something to build.

If I was buying again I likely would be seeking out a Sako. 300wm has a boat load of options.

looked at buds pricing, by the time you add in tranfer fee at the fll it's ususally about $15 dollars cheaper than bass pro, plus i have rewards points. i'd love to build a gun but that seems like it would be a long way down the road before even thinking about dropping $2-$3k on a rifle.

and yes paul they gave squids guns, but only one of us at a time.