View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #1238
Wanger

Default Re: What beers are you enjoying II?

Quote:
Originally Posted by never_enough View Post
Yeah, mini review of the Voodoo and the Vertical Epic please!
I had the Voodoo more recently, so I'll start with that one...When you go to drink it, you get a nice inhale of the maple aroma, which seems like it shouldn't be in a beer, but it works here. The taste on the tip of the tongue that you first get is the sweetness of the maple flavor, and it finishes with the salty bacon flavor. You get a nice smooth ale flavor from this one, as well. As it warms up, the bacon does get a bit more prevalent. The maple and bacon flavors are not overpowering (IMO), but they are noticable and present, and compliment this brew very well. We have a couple more bottles stashed away, and noth the wife and I are thankful for that.

It's been a bit since I had the Vertical Epic, but I do remember that I enjoyed it. I don't recall the spice being very heavy in it. It was more of an undertone that supported the beer, but didn't totally carry it. To me, it wasn't a "hot" spice, but a flavor opening one. Seemed more like cinnamon or cardimum to me. If you're looking for a beer that has a spicy kick, then I'd suggest New Belgium Cocoa Mole...that has a bit more of a kick to the spice in it, and goes well with something like burritos or tacos and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
This sounds really good, I am a stoudt whore right now.
It was quite tasty, IMO. There was a nice coffee flavor the came through with the rich stout flavor. It was fairly thick and slightly heavy, but in a good way. You get the coffee aroma as you go in for a sip. This is one that I want to try to keep in my regular rotation. It doesn't hurt that Lift Bridge is a local brewery, either.

Last edited by Wanger; 05-18-2012 at 06:45 AM.