WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pipe Smoker Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Cut View Post
the content there still brings people in.
because the owner is an "asshat" who's trying to make a buck doesn't even cross my mind when posting there (which i hadn't for months until yesterday).
how the new owner factors into what you helped build and your ability to be proud of what you did, makes zero sense to me.
is roger staubach still proud of what he did with the Cowboys now that Jerry Jones is the owner and a jagoff? i'm sure he is.
I know the content brings people in, thats part of what bothers me. After what happened he wouldn't delete my content, which annoys me to this day. I don't know roger staubach personally, I don't know. On a more personal example, I can say that when I sold my business last year and found out later everyone I knew had been pretty much laid off it did bother me. Needless to say I won't be shopping at the store that bought my place.

Same goes for the other place I guess. Even if I could go back I wouldn't. It's not the same without all the people who made it special. I never really cared about the content, I posted there and called it home cause I liked the crowd. Crowd is different, place is different, ownership is different, not the same anymore.

Quote:
do you honestly believe the people who are posting over there are doing it so the owner can make a buck? have you lost your mind?
why are you so hung up on the owner in this discussion and not the point that what you helped build is thought of in such a high regard?
did i say that the current owner and the "spirit" which still remains in the pipe forum are one and the same?? no, i didn't.
you are the one attempting to stir the pot, joe, not me.
I didn't say that. I doubt it goes through anyones mind. But it bothers me, which is what I said. And the owner does make a difference to me. I'm glad you don't care, but I do. He miss treated people who are my friends, banned me for a reason i've long since forgotten, and turned that place into some weird ad ridden hybrid.

Quote:
i didn't come here to "stir the pot" in the first place, i asked the dude a simple question, wasn't attempting to stir the pot, YOU are by taking offense to a simple post of mine.
i don't give a flyin flip if anyone agrees with me or not - you should know me well enough by now to understand that i won't give a rats ass if anyone agrees with me on anything.
i asked the guy why it was "funny" that they mentioned that place and he gave it a thumbs down. i don't recall that guy giving much input into the pipe forum before the 'sale' anyway... maybe his username was different over there, i don't know, don't really care, was just wanting to know why it's funny to him.
When you could have left it there asking why it was funny without going to detail why he was wrong? I'm certainly not the one who opened the pot on this one Greg

Quote:
it's obvious that you can't remove from your thought process the "sale" and how some people were treated afterwards from what it is that i'm saying, which is... what we built, laid the foundation for, is still expanding and going strong.
Very true. Maybe if things had gone differently or handled better I would still be posting there. But they weren't. And what we laid the foundations for are different in a way I don't like. You may be ok with that, i'm not.

Quote:
the thought of the new owner making a buck isn't what's crossing my mind when i think of that place, and i really don't care if he does or doesn't make a few pennies on my ramblings about pipe tobacco - that's not why i'm go there (or any other forum). i go there to help newer pipe smokers.
Your a better person than me. I'm sure they attract a lot of new pipe smokers and I hope whatever I might have posted way back when helps someone. But not for me, I hold grudges for a loooong time.

Quote:
why am i coming here? am i not allowed to come here? is it not a public forum?
We'd be better off if you posted more honestly.

Quote:
why do you come here?
Because it's not pvff

Quote:
as far as not posting here often, if you check any other forums i am a member of, i haven't posted much of anything for 3+ months until YESTERDAY. been a bit busy, lots going on... i don't see how that should keep me from posting here now, though.

It shouldn't Greg. But why waste your breath on a topic thats been beat to death. Not everyone likes the other place, many are here exactly because of that, and not everyone agrees with you. The unofficial line he is just to not mention it. It's a sore spot for a lot of us. We could be talking about something more constructive right now, like say pipes, but instead we are too busy disagreeing with each other