Old 06-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: MTS June: A&C Peterson Escudo

went out a bit ago and enjoyed a bowl of Escudo in my new Tinsky.

The disks in question have been in a ziplock bag for a few months. I had about 6 or so disks in there from my first tin of escudo that I bought a while back. This allowed them to dry a bit, but without drying out. They were still somewhat moist, but not as much as in the tin.

I used 2 full disks (rubbed out) to fill the bowl. They lit easily, and stayed lit, needing only 1 relight for the whole 45 or so minutes of smoking.

I am a VA/Vaper fan, so Escudo is obviously something I would enjoy. The things I like best about this blend were apparent in this bowl. The virginia flavor evolves from sweet to hay to sweet again throughout. I like this little bit of complexity, there aren't a lot of different flavors, but they do change during the smoke.
The Perique is obvious in this blend, but not overpowering. There is a clear taste of pepper here, but it compliments the VAs very well, and make the smoke a bit more exciting than it might be otherwise.

The room note (ie backyard note for me) is pleasant, not as nice as a straight VA, but still nice. It doesn't burn hot, even in a drier than usual state.

I'd give this blend an 7.5-8/10. It's not a favorite, but I enjoy it quite a bit.
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote