View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #17
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: James Suckling retires

Now who will Habanos S.A. pay off to give their newest releases 100 point reviews?
I don't think he'll be missed as much as he'd hope to be. Expert or not, he struck
me and a lot of others as a grade A douchebag. Does he know CCs?
Sure, but there are a lot of BOTL that regularly post on this forum that know just
as much a he does and have half the attitude. After three years of following that
magazine, I'm not planning on renewing my current subsricption because frankly,
I get what I used to seek from that magazine in forums like this, and the two biggest
changes in why it didn't cut it for me anymore anymore was their coverage of CCs and
the abysmal condition of their website/forums. CA would be wise to update its business
model and focus on providing a more attractive online environment as well as getting
a spokesperson that doesn't make a lot of serious smokers roll their eyes. I think it's
a good opportunity for them to put out a new face. Mott and Savona may not have as
much knowledge as Suckling, but their bedside manners are a hell of a lot better