View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 05:47 PM   #20
mrreindeer

Default Re: Your Favorite Foods

Whoa! I was about to ask, "What the helll is wrong with you people...no Mexican???" But thankfully, Icehog3 & DavenporteESQ brought up one of the best cuisines we've got here in America!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
AS a genre, my favorite foods would be considered "American" (steak and potatoes), Mexican and Cajun...though I have a soft spot for Thai food as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ View Post
I don't descriminate! I love all food. I love sushi, and enchiladas. But Im a big city guy and nothing beats a good sangwich!
Now, maybe it's because I'm in California (and LasciviousXXX, I'm truly shocked! You're in AZ & Mex ain't in your top 3??? ) and there are so many great Mexican joints but man, oh man, I could have this anytime.

But I do agree with you on sushi.

I guess the top two would have to be sushi or Mexican.

Next, I'm also with you on the Middle Eastern, anytime, anywhere.

Next, Thai, Indian, American, Italian.

Man, all this talk is makin' me HUNGRY. And I was supposed to have salad for dinner because I've been eating like a freakin' pig lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8tor152d View Post
Anything that does not bite back, It can crawl off the plate just don't like it when it bites back.
Agree, I've eaten live sea urchin as the spines were still moving and it 'walked' across my plate but I won't eat anything that bites back or tastes me back. NO TONGUE.

You know, in this country, we are so amazingly lucky to have the variety of foods that are offered? You go to Italy, for example, or I'd argue most foreign countries, and look around and while I really enjoy Italian food and other types of cuisine, you're pretty much left with one type. You can seek out some variety but it's few and far between.