Thread: P90X Workout
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #97
go4cigs

Default Re: P90X Workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
I used BSN Syntha-6 protein as a meal supplement in Phases 1 & 2 of the diet plan. It was about the only way to get to the 6 or 7 proteins/day. Most any brand of whey protein will work, just depends on how your body digests it and what's your budget. BSN fits the bill for me. I mix with light soy milk for the little extra protein boost. Tastes great. For bars, I've tried a lot of brands and finally settled on Zone Perfect. It's not strictly a protein bar, but it's well balanced nutritionally (~210 cal, 15g prot, lots of vitamins.) The chocolate almond raisin are excellent. It counts as a Single Snack on the diet plan.

For a recovery drink, I get Endurox. Less expensive than the Beachbody brand. I go through about a container every 4-6 weeks. Anything with a 4:1 carb: protein ratio should work. I definitely recommend a recovery drink. Don't be put off by the carbs--your body needs them, especially after burning 600-1000 calories/workout.

It's not necessary, but I started using BSN's NO-Explode as a pre-workout drink about a month ago, and really like it. I've never used this kind of product before, but I love it now. It's especially helpful for my early morning resistance & cardio routines--hard to get going at 0530!

I also supplement with 2 MegaMan vitamins/day.

All of these products are available at GNC. Go the Gold Card route and you'll save big bucks.

Check the forums at beachbody.com. Lots of folks have alternate opinions, products, etc. Going through P90X the second/third time, this is what I've found to work best for me.
wow. thanks for all the info about the alternatives. I was planning on starting p90x this saturday (fingers crossed) and didn't want to wait 2 weeks for beachbody to deliver their supplements. how long have you been on the program ?

Last edited by go4cigs; 10-29-2009 at 05:01 PM.