View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #205
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Second Firearm Thread...

So, here's something I have been wondering about for a while...appendix carry.

I realize that as I have grown older my six pack has picked up a couple of extra bottles making it more uncomfortable for me (and a lot less sexy than some of the pictures of the young female "tactical" models that are sporting it in their tight waistbands) to carry it in the appendix position. But besides the physical discomfort, it seems like carrying in the front violates the rule of muzzle management. When I carry at 4:00, if I'm drawings my weapon or in some other may manage to accidentally discharge, worst case I have powder burns on my backside and possibly donate some unneeded flesh. If that happens carrying in the front, Fred and the Flintstones are GONE! Not to mention a fairly large artery that runs nearby.

I understand that it is harder to have it taken away in the appendix position, but I can also lock it down with my strong arm while deploying a backup device if someone was able to somehow creep up undetected and make a play for it. But, as I am less likely these days of encountering close quarters battles as I once was, and am more interested in protecting my family and those around me from an active shooter, I don't worry too much about having my pistol taken from me.

So, is it just another fad, or am I missing something?