Thread: Supplements
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #38
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of
Default Re: Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Time for me to re-up my protein.

I want to supplement BCAA & Glutamine as I am doing cardio with my lifting and do not want to catabolize the muscle. Should I be taking one over the other or both or none?

Do you think it would be better to

1. Get a Protein with heavy Glutamine/BCAA built like GNC Wheybolic 60 or Optimum Hydrowhey/Pro Complex

or

2. Get a plain multipurpose protein line Gold Standard and spend the extra $ to supplement BCAA and Glutamine in pill/powder form?

Also. I have been introduced to the term broscience. As in---> there is a lot of marketing hype behind whey hydrolizing etc in HydroWhey/GNC Wheybolic, but it really does not matter or it makes such a small difference that no one other than professional body builders will get the advantage.

One more...where do u guys buy your protein? I have heard it can be cheaper on the ol interwebz, but I am not familiar with who to order from.
I buy my protein through bodybuilding.com, they are fast and much cheaper than anywhere else.

As far as protein goes I try to stick with something that is high in protein and less in carbs and fats. To me, when taking protein, it should just be protein and nothing else because I getting your fats and carb is simple. I take Hydrobolic FX made by Muscle FX. One of the purest form of protein, that I could fine (93% protein).

Forgot to mention I also take a casein protein (ON) as well before bed.