chachee52
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Todd
Trading: (2)
chachee52 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Todd, I will agree severe overuse of most supplements can cause issues. I thought your first post seemed to imply that normal creatine use was causing numerous cases of kidney failure...if I misread, I apologize.

I use Biofreeze from time to time on osteoarthritis on my wrist....looks like I am a human recipe for disaster.
In my opinion with creatine and any supplement for that matter, anything over 100% of your daily recomended amount is too much. I went into a GNC the other day, my friend was looking for an herb supplement for migrains, and there was a muscle buider that had 1000% of the daily amount!!!!! Your body is not designed to uptake this, it has to go somewhere, it either is water soluable like creatine and gets flushed through the kidneys hense over loading them, or gets stored in fat and who knows what that will cause later in life.
As for the Biofreeze, the case in MA specifically, the runner used it first thing in the AM, lunch, right before running, after running, before dinner, before going to bed, and who knows how many other times. The point is did you realize that it's a drug and can be over used?