chachee52
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Todd
Trading: (2)
chachee52 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I would be curious to see these studies where "many cases where the kidneys were so over loaded that they had significant damage and were approaching failure.", due to creatine supplementation. I have read several studies, and this seems one of the more extreme that I have heard of.
It's been a while since I did that reseach (back in '99-'00) Have no clue if I still have that research around. But this was the case. This was also in the time that creatine was at the top of the "crazy". So a lot of people were saying "well if a little of this makes me do good, more will make me do better". I don't see/hear this as much any more.
Believe it or not there have been cases of ointments like BioFreeze and Tiger Balm that have caused death in over dosing with them even if it is a topical ointment. If you take anything that is over what your body can uptake than there will be consiquences.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,279482,00.html (there was also a case I remember in MA a year or two later, couldn't find the article quickly)
Just remember supplements are not governed by any agency. And because they are fairly new, there aren't too many long term independant studies out there.