Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default Re: Photography Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I need some help from you smart people. How can I take a good picture of my dog? Whenever I snap a photo, I get that stupid "alien eye" effect on his eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
In the flash modes use red eye reduction. It works for green and blue eyes too I think.

Or get down on there level. so the lights over head aren't reflecting of their corneas.
Red eye is caused by the light going straight into the eye and reflecting the blood out of the eye back to the lens. Dogs and cats often reflect other colors other than red where humans are always red.

As mentioned here, red eye reduction does work but does not eliminate it. It works by sending a pre flash the to the pupil, causing it to reduce in size, hence reducing the red eye.

Professionals never, ever get red eye. We do it by two ways:
1) Mount your flash on a bracket high above the camera lens. No more red eye as the flash and lens axis are no longer the same. However, many can't do this with point and shoot cameras.
2) Bounce lighting. No more red eye. However, with point and shoots, this too is out.

So......so much for point and shoot cameras and the ability to eliminate red eye all together.