First Name: Rob
Trading: (1)
Partagas
germantown rob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Espresso Ledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
Interesting read Rob thanks. If I could afford the bigger conical
Put it in the piggy bank and next spring a whole new set of grinders will come out, maybe, lol. Baratza really might have opened the door for dosing by weight, I don't mean an LSD dose by a persons weight (because it really doesn't matter), so there really could be some new stuff upcoming. I was ready to get the K30 but when the Vario-W came out I started to evaluate my timed grind from the Vario. Once I dial in my weight and get my time correct it is good until I switch beans for the most part, that is unless I want to screw with things and try 14g with a much finer grind instead of 18g with the grind
I am using. I just like the concept of weight and grind adjustment better then grind time and grind adjustment (you have to change both to get where you are going).

When it comes to excellent espresso money should be no part of the equation, heck people spend $5-10 a day at Char-Bucks, what's an extra $400 on the K10 fresh, LOL. Seriously think about that though. Neither the K8 Fresh or the K10 fresh are in the hands of that many home users, if you are going to spend good money you want to know what is best for you and if $400 more would suit you better then that is saved by not spending it on a flat burr when you really wanted a conical burr.

Last little note of hanging out with people that have the big bad grinders, cost vs taste is a small hill with a very steep price. Heck I dream of the Speedster espresso machine but will it give me $8000 better espresso then my Oscar?
http://www.keesvanderwesten.com/news...peedster4.html

The upgrading bug is vicious, just make sure you get to where you want to get
germantown rob is offline   Reply With Quote