View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 07:42 AM   #1934
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Sounds like a review I would write... tastes like whiskey but good whiskey

I'm weak and stopped by my shop on the way home yesterday to get their bottle of RC6, haven't cracked it yet but I'm sure I will soon. They did have a bottle of Old Forester 1910 that I was very tempted on, but managed to say no.

Got home and had a pour of 1792 Full Proof, opened that one the other night. When I tried it the first time I thought it was too hot and ethanoly to be able to drink neat (125 proof), yesterday it seemed to be a bit more mellow. Still on the hot side but the aroma seemed improved and small sips didn't ruin the pallet. Towards the end I did put a few drops of water in which helped take away the numb tongue feeling but didn't do too much for the flavor. Not my favorite, I don't know if it's because I usually drink lower proof stuff (around 100 seems to be my sweet spot currently) but it struck me as just alright. Maybe I'll have another pour tonight over an ice cube or two to see if that helps bring anything out