View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 05:55 AM   #2667
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you reading?

Fevre Dream
That was really fun. Out of my normal type of things I read, it was about vampires and steamboats on the Mississippi when they owned the river. It was long on steamboat and short on vampire, and really, really good.

I'm reading Space Viking - H. Beam Piper right now. It's a bit draggy, I'd put it down were it not so highly vauted. It's a short space opera, I'd say. And the way Piper writes, he's hard to follow.

I read Little Fuzzy - H. Bean Piper the other day.
I got onto Little Fuzzy because I was going to reread Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi.
It's a reimagining of Little Fuzzy.
Of the two, I think Fuzzy Nation is a lot better. But without anything to compare to, Little Fuzzy is excellent. Both are very worthwhile.