View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #5
druturn

Default Re: Turkish Coffee Drinkers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvarsity View Post
In grad school my neighbor was Turkish and would make me coffee on a regular basis. Some fantastic stuff. Unfortunately I never got around to gathering the gear to do it myself.
From the looks of it, the gear isn't terribly difficult to procure online. The prices range from $30-a couple hundred, but that is mainly just personal style that jacks up that price. Turkish coffee is incredibly simple and requires really nothing but a simple pot with water and the specifically ground beans. That is honestly what I love so much about this stuff, the simplicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumushi View Post
Love having it in a restaurant, could only imagine how awesome it would be to do it myself.
I am a total newbie at it and am still going through a large bag of ground beans that were purchased in Turkey, so I really don't have much experience in it. With that said, from my limited experience in making it myself, I would say it is well worth it to buy a cheap set and try it out! Like I said before, it is unbelievably simple to make and only takes but a few minutes to make a few servings of it. Highly recommended!