MattGah

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Matt-N-Ga will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOut View Post
I read here, but never post. but feel this is worth sharing. I got to visit the woodford reserve distillery this past weekend. If you never hve been there make the trip. It was awesome. Fantastic tour. Beautiful area. Very very knowledgeable staff, could talk with them for hours. Also picked up the new masters blend. Its a maple barrel finish in a toasted (not baked) barrel. Its great. hints of maple syrup all over it, but not thick a all. IDK if it justifies the 90 dollar price tag, but its nice to try as a LE type of thing. Pictures will be posted when my gf downloads them from the camera.

i also visited 4 roses while in the area. Wish i could have done all 6 major distillerys. Its amazing the difference in small batch vs mass production. I knew going in the 4 roses wasn't as good (per reviews) but i had never had it. I was deff not for me. they only age their barrels 2 years. its very raw and very fresh. It had a ton of spice to it. Didnt like it. couldn't name the flavor. but not for me.

cant wait to go back and see the rest of the distilleries. luckily the girl is just as excited as I am to go back. Just wish i could bottles the smell of angles share to smell every once in a while.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "they only age their barrels 2 years"

Not sure what blend you were sampling, but the Single Barrel is a 10 yr, and the 2009 Mariage has a 19 yr in it.

4 Roses is my favorite right now, love the the Single Barrel.

I've been wanting to try the Maple Wood finished Master series, but 99 a bottle was a bit stiff for me right now.
Matt-N-Ga is offline   Reply With Quote