View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #17
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Craft beers for a restaurant

Marc... I forgot about a great beer, and it IS Wyoming based! Blacktooth Brewing Co. in Sheridan, WY. I spent several months in Sheridan with my wife last fall, and had several of their offerings. Pretty much every eatery and bar in town carried their brews, and they had their own restaurant at the brewhouse, so I drank their beer many times (and think I tried all their offering except the IPAs). All I had were excellent. And they have won a crapload of awards. It's been long enough I can't give detailed tasting notes for every one of of them, but I can tell you the ones I had were not hoppy (mainly because I don't like heavy hops beer). Their "Wagon Box Wheat" was my first choice, but I love wheat beers, so that's a given! It had citrus hints, but not a strong yeast presence!! I'm also a Irish Red Beer fan, and enjoyed their take on the Irish Red called "Bomber Mountain Amber". This was mildly hoppy, with some sweet, maybe a little hint of cinnamon or nutmeg (at least to me). Their stout, Stumpy Ridge Stout, was just what you'd expect from a stout, chocolate, coffee hints, thick and chewy, but had a noticeable (but still enjoyable) hoppy finish that helped cut the thickness back on the finish. I don't know where they will ship to, they have a fairly complete web site.

The earlier one I recommended from Big Sky Brewing.... I found Moose Drool in Wyoming and Montana, and believe they ship/sell over a fairly wide market. I don't think Blacktooth has near the market coverage as Big Sky.