View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #4
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

First Name: Michael
Trading: (28)
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Can a person truly be happy remaining single his whole life?

Being single is tough to deal with. I have a friend who is in his 40's and is single and he is struggling with it. It is natural to want to be married unless you are like Paul and have the gift of celibacy. Like Christos said It is not to be entered into lightly. I have a professor friend who never got married and he is able to do a lot of great things that he wouldn't be able to do otherwise. He is able to read and write a lot more books and papers. He is also able to go and teach at our seminaries in Africa on occasion. He is truly a blessing to the Church but I know that he still struggles with being single sometimes even though he is older. We all have to receive the gifts God gives us according to our place in life.

Ultimately if you really want to be married then actively search for a wife. Look for women who are responsible and wife material. If you don't want to get married there is certainly no law that says you have too but I would recommend you find a hobby or job to commit yourself to in order to keep from getting lonely.
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote