View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 01:06 PM   #12
the jiggler
¡taste my pirate paddy!

First Name: Craig
Trading: (24)
the jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Goodbye Tatuaje, Liga, Romacraft, crowned heads, warped...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
http://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/L.../ucm388395.htm

I missed the part where the sky is falling
New products will require testing as stated above.
I wouldn't go so far as to say the sky is falling as this is an enthusiast hobby we are talking about, however, I do think that if everything goes forward as planned there will be a dramatic change in the landscape.

We will have less choice, we will pay more, blends will take exponentially longer to get to market (been to the dmv or va lately?) and many of the current blends we like may disappear if they have arrived on the scene since 2007 and the brand owner decides they have neither the time nor the money to go through the approval process. All this has been said before but at least before there was an hope for exemption at least in the minds of peasants like myself.

One of the things I like most about this hobby is the camaraderie that exists around trying new things. Sitting around with a few friends, arguing about the merits of this or that...Even when the something new sucks, it's still fun to sit around and ***** and moan about how bad it is. Not to mention when you stumble across something special. I covet that two or three hours where care/troubles/pressures/stresses just fade away.

Not trying to be melodramatic, it's just a bit sad to me that it may change drastically as it's something I really enjoy.

If I were smart enough to articulate a unified theory of herfing one of the corollaries would have something do with any increase in intervention by the FDA being inversely proportional to the overall rating of the actual or potential herf on the Icehog scale.

Or this all a General/Altadis plot to take over the world. Clever bastards.