View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #34
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: a journey into pipe making......

Alright guys, I think I have a bit to share with you all as well! I have started my journey into pipe making as well and these are the 3 projects I have going on at the moment. I have been using a wood lathe to get the shapes I wanted then hitting them with a dremel followed by a lot of hand sanding. All 3 of these are cherry wood as I got them for free and haven't wanted to mess with the briar I have yet. I got the cherry in 2x4x4 blocks and had to do all the holes and shaping, it is surprising relaxing and oh man how the time flies when I am out in the garage.. Technically the 1st pipe is done but I dont think I am done messing with it yet. I still feel like I want to stain it and buff it out some more.

here is a partially rusticated billiard that just needs stain and the works.

and here is what I am hoping will turn out to be a decent looking author pipe if not I am not sure what shape it will take lol!