View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 01:39 PM   #7
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: HD TV for the patio

For the price of most 22 or 26 inch LCDs I would just bump up to a 32 inch for a couple bucks more...I was at the freaking supermarket yesterday and they had a 32 inch LCD for $399. I wouldn't get all hung up on name brands or specs. If you are putting it outside you really aren't expecting for a "reference" type theather experence, am I right?

I would go with a deal de jour from wherever you prefer to shop, wallyworld, target, best buy, whatever. In the $400-$500 32" range they are all pretty much the same. Just make sure you are getting an ASTC tuner (if you get your TV over the air) and enough HDMI inputs.

As far as placement, try to get it as much in the shade as possible. Not only will it protect it from the damaging rays of the sun, as was stated above, but it will help with daylight viewing.

BTW - I am jealous at the prospect of having a big tv in my stogie area. I do have a *****in' 13 inch Sony circa 1988 in my garage!

Last edited by AD720; 12-01-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: clarity and spelling
AD720 is offline   Reply With Quote