Thread: Sous vide
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #558
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: Sous vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnster View Post
Just ordered an Echo Dot (for a great discount) today and I'm very excited to be able to turn on my sous vide from work, and maybe check the temp while away (not sure if I can do that just yet)

Question for yall, what are you using for vacuum sealing?
Not sure how the dot plays in, but from my experience using the app mobily is that it doesn't always connect, and once it does it regularly disconnects and reconnects. This is not a problem for starting the water (I've done it from work a few times before heading home) as once it starts it doesn't turn off when disconnected from the app, but checking the temp regularly can't really be relied upon. I've also never had an issue with the temp not being correct, so whenever I tried to check the temp from the app it was moreso to say "cool it's still the right level" but I don't think it's necessary. Maybe I've just been lucky by not having any malfunctions