View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #3576
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice
Default Re: Photography Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
Dave, in my limited exposure to the world of DSLR's, I think your money is best spent on a Nikon or Canon. Each brand has it's pros and cons, Brad might be able to weigh in on the differences between a D90 and the Canon equivelant. I've only ever used Canon's and have been very happy with them. My reason for choosing them, I had a point and shoot Canon Powershot (3.2MP) that had a recall on it. Found the recall 2 years after it was issued when my camera started exhibiting the problem. Called their customer service and they sent me the packaging and labels I needed to ship it in and got it back in under 2 weeks. Shortly after that I decided to get a bigger MP point and shoot, got an Olympus (12MP) and it was garbage. The Canon took clear pictures, almost every shot with the Olympus was either out of focus or grainy (noise) as heck.
That's what started me down the road of DLSR's and since I had a great experience with Canon customer service, that's the brand I chose. I'm sure Nikon has equally great customer service. To me at least, it seems Nikon people hate Canon and the same goes for Canon people. I love the 2 Canon DSLR's I have but don't hate Nikon, just never had any experience with them.
Thanks, Jeff. Much appreciated.