Old 01-16-2015, 06:02 AM   #1
alfredo_buscatti
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
alfredo_buscatti is on a distinguished road
Default Humidity: Seasonal Change of rH

Hi All,

When the humidity went down in late fall, with colder temperatures, the rH in my boxes fell below 60, my minimum rH. I use bead cylinders and began spritzing them everyday for five days, and the rH slowly climbed to about 62 in one box, 64 in the other. But after a few days both dropped to 59. I've resumed spritzing and one box is doing fine, but the other is stubborn. After spritzing for the last three days it still reads 59.

So today I doubled the amount of water that I was spraying on the cylinders. I don't think anything is wrong, but apparently the wood in the stubborn box really dried out when the humidity fell, and it's taking a good deal of water to get it properly hydrated.

Any criticism about my thinking and my method?

Am I right in thinking that when the humidity fell outside the box, the wood released its humidity, the water flowing from a greater concentration in the wood to the lesser concentration in the outside air, through the slim opening of the box, and to a lesser extent when the lid was open? I can't explain what happened any other way.

As always, thank you for your help.

Mike
alfredo_buscatti is offline   Reply With Quote