View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation
Default Re: I need some serious motivation.....

It's hard for me to engage in exercise just for the sake of exercising. I love to do sporting activities like basketball but getting on a treadmill/bike is hard for me. I started getting to where I didn't recognize my fat face in pictures, so i started forcing myself to hit the treadmill this winter. I've been slowly but steadily losing weight since I started exercise. I have also been counting calories fairly religiously.

I think Tom is right about getting out of the house to exercise. It gets you more motivated when others around you are doing the same thing. I'm lucky in that my wife is very active and we walk 3 miles every nice day we can and do longer hikes at the state park. We are also doing some medicine ball exercises that really help with the abs.

You have to really want to lose the weight. I'm not a big fan of killing yourself for quick weight loss. Change some eating habits and get active. You would be surprised at the results you will get just going from sedentary to walking 30 min a day. I like to try to drop 1lb per week and have hit that goal on most weeks. The feeling you get from living a more healty lifestyle is totally worth your effort.

MCS