Old 01-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #12
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default Re: How much would you spend?

Just thought I would share that this topic is as interesting as any "what would you do" or "what would you choose".

I can see how many make the point that there is no way they would spend that kind of money on a cigar.

Life is complex. Not all see things the same. What is too much today, may be nothing tomorrow and suddenly be a whole lot all over again.

I recall when I first got in the saltwater fish hobby. My brother in law would buy $50 fish. I would buy the Damsels as cheap as they could be. I said heck if I will buy one $50 fish when I can buy 10 $5 ones. Well, that evolved to today's fish tank, where I have one that costs over $5K, one over $3K and a few of $1K.

Fish, cars, cigars, etc, all the same. All a matter of one's stage in life and what one sees as affordable. Today, I am back to looking for $5 Damsels if I had to buy a fish. From an Aristocrat full of Cohibas, I have evolved to one full of anything but Cohibas, again, back to the humble beginnings.

So, never say never. What today is too much for you may be a piss in a pot tomorrow and suddenly, you may find yourself thinking they are too much again. Too much is determined by one's personal pocket and where we are willing to best spend it.

My for the day.