View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #99
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone seriosuly looking at the new DROID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl_SC View Post
Ok..... You have had your Droid for awhile now. Still happy? recommend now or wait for second generation? Costs? are you getting hit with a lot of data charges after whats included?

I have one renewable now and 2 in feb....
LOVE IT! I did have to bring it back for a different unit due to some manufacturing defects, but new one is performing flawlessly so far.

Key part about the droid FOR ME is that it has the specific things I care about - physical keyboard, stunningly crisp and detailed screen. I'm less likely to notice OS bugs because I'm coming from windows mobile, the worst touchscreen OS in existence!

My list of things I wish it would do is pretty small really. So small I can't think of most of them right now. A few glitches syncing contacts between outlook-->google-->phone. No contacts lost... just a few that for some reasons didn't make the xfer. all in all I've been THRILLED with the Android OS, it has a lot of potential and I expect good things from it. First major update for the phone was released already, and another one coming in January, so they are LISTENING and RESPONDING to problems, which I think is CRITICAL.

The stock UI is a bit plain, but there's LOTS of customization options available to you if you look around. As for now or later.... VZW is rumored to be getting a third droid option coming 1Q '10, so you can always wait and look at that. Most likely it will be a Moto Droid styled device with 2.0 and beefy specs, but minus the keyboard. Pure guesswork at this time.

all in all, yes, still in love with my droid. But I fully recognize that its the first generation of droids for verizon and android 2.0..... So there's probably a few bugs I'm simply forgetting about because I just naturally assume they belong there in a 1st gen device. You're always better off waiting as long as you can....