View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #90
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone seriosuly looking at the new DROID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
How's the call clarity? Speakerphone quality? Battery life with heavy usage?

Got my upgrade notice in the mail yesterday. Verizon is pushing the Blackberry Storm 2. I'm waiting still to see how you guys like the droid. I do love having a BB tho.
Call clarity has been GREAT for me, on par or better than my last two windows mobile phones. I talk on the phone to Venezuela a lot and TRY to speak spanish (note the TRY part), so clarity is a pretty important feature if I wanta rats ass chance in hell of understanding a word. No complaints so far.

Speakerphone I have not tried, except when I'm waiting on hold. Volume is nice and loud (sometimes I have to turn it down), just never tried the microphone.

Battery life with heavy usage "might" get you through the day, depending on your heavy usage. The biggest drain on your battery is the screen, followed distantly by wifi and gps. So if you have the gps off or not in use, you have the wifi off, and you kill apps that use em, you should be fine. Mine has not been making it through the day... but I've been like a kid in the candy store who can't keep his hand out of the cookie jar. I've been taking the phone out of my pocket and turning on the screen just to look at it, and answering all my emails from it, even when i'm sitting in front of a computer! So I have definitely been using it A LOT.