View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 10:26 AM   #87
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone seriosuly looking at the new DROID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
How's the call clarity? Speakerphone quality? Battery life with heavy usage?

Got my upgrade notice in the mail yesterday. Verizon is pushing the Blackberry Storm 2. I'm waiting still to see how you guys like the droid. I do love having a BB tho.
Call clarity to me isnt great but it isnt bad. I was in an area yesterday with poor reception and it sound like degraded digital is the best way I can describe it, but it wasnt 'bad'. It isnt as good call clarity as my old Blackberry World Edition.

Havent used Speakerphone yet

Battery has been pretty good. If you dont close your apps it will drain your battery (same as with my old Blackberry) it doesnt have as good of battery life as my Blackberry but you will need the wifi widget and taskiller widget. As long as you turn your wifi off when your not using it and kill background tasks the battery will be fine. I was at the gym yesterday for over an hour listening to my music, plus I was playing some graphics intensive games during the day and browsing the web..and I still had at least 30% of my battery when I went to bed. Not bad for 15 hours.

A lot of people like HDOS game, i am not too keen on it yet. But RoboDefense is awesome! I cant wait till they get some good games using the accelerometer.