ODLS1
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
ODLS1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post
My pleasure brother and agreed, Stagg is some tasty, toasty stuff

Someone mentioned above that all bourbon is from Kentucky. this is not entirely true. Taken from Wiki:

Bourbon is an American whiskey, a type of distilled spirit, made primarily from corn (maize) and named for Bourbon County, Kentucky. It has been produced since the 18th century. While it may be made anywhere in the United States, it is strongly associated with the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

On May 4, 1964, the United States Congress recognized Bourbon Whiskey as a "distinctive product of the United States." The Federal Standards of Identity for Distilled Spirits (27 C.F.R. 5.22) state that bourbon must meet these requirements:

* Bourbon must be made of a grain mixture that is at least 51% corn.[1]
* Bourbon must be distilled to no more than 160 (U.S.) proof (80% alcohol by volume).
* Neither coloring nor flavoring may be added.
* Bourbon must be aged in new, charred oak barrels. [1]
* Bourbon must be entered into the barrel at no more than 125 proof (62.5% alcohol by volume).
* Bourbon, like other whiskeys, may be bottled at not less than 80 proof (40% alcohol by volume.)
* Bourbon that meets the above requirements and has been aged for a minimum of two years may (but is not required to) be called Straight Bourbon.[2]
* Straight Bourbon aged for a period less than four years must be labeled with the duration of its aging.
* If an age is stated on the label, it must be the age of the youngest whiskey in the bottle.
* Only whiskey produced in the United States can be called bourbon.[3]
Yep. Stagg is great, although I definitely like the Weller of the BTAC much better. That stuff is amazing. Straight (neat), smooth, no heat at first, amazing flavor, then warming of the torso. Awesome stuff.

People also say bourbon has to come from bourbon county...

Virginia Gentleman is a bourbon.

But of course all the good bourbon comes from Kentucky

Just finished some Four Roses Limited 2010 Barrel Strength. Good stuff as well. Very nice.
ODLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote