View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #17
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Acapulco Vacation Planned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_Hippo View Post
The wife and I went to Cancun last year for a trip she won. As soon as I stepped off the plane and gave them my passport the lady started tearing pages and told me it was invalid because of the damage and that I couldn't enter the country.
Wow, when I go to Mexico, people could not be friendlier and more accomodating. Very odd. I schedule my transportation ahead from the airport to ferry for $12 a person and it could not be more professional. Cancun for most tourists is really just one street that has no locals and little other than resorts. Where my parents live is an island and could not be safer.

People have different tolerences for safety. Some don't feel safe walking around NYC at 2:00 AM, so I can understand. Heck, I am going to Columbia, so maybe I am not the one to ask.

Let's not forget that Mexico has 20 million people and if you added that up between Detriot, Los Angeles, NYC, Washington DC, Houston, that amount killings annually might not be that far apart. Maybe it is? Would be curious to know.