View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 06:52 AM   #925
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart

If I take a couple pipes along fishing or golfing for, I don't usually have room for more than one blend in one container (and a 3-finger cigar case). A tin (or tobacco pouch) is safer for me than even a small Mason jar held in my pocket. The round twist-to-open tins seal fairly nicely and float better than Mason jars too.

I have even taken to putting labels on old tins, taking a few ounces out of a larger Mason jar to put in that tin, and till the tobacco is gone, keeping that tin in my Rubbermaid storage.

Of course, as I shave with a double edge razor, I put spent blades in an old Robert McConnell Scottish Flake tin that I super-glued shut and cut a corner slit in with a saws all. I have put spent blades in there for the last 2 years and there is still room.

Tins come in handy.