View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 10:18 PM   #77
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Under $20 A Bottle Wine Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGAR View Post
Not a fan of the oaky-malolactic style chards such as toasted head.

In fact, I hate them with a deep and burning passion.
At the price discussed, under $20, you won't get much in the line of dry and non-malo. Plus, its the style being discussed here, so I only obliged and between the KJ and Toasted Head I will take the latter, for sure. Sold who knows cases of it in my days in wine retail.

2 years ago I was at an Chivago offline with a bunch of wine geeks and someone brought a Magnum of Chablis that is no longer imported here, sadly so. The bottle had about 8 years on it already. I was lucky enough to be sitting next to the guy who brought it and while the rest of the crowd was concentrating on 5 incredible Champagnes (the likes of Salon, vintage Deutz, vintage Billecart-Salmon and others, which I also partook of), he and I pretty much finished that Magnum of Chablis before moving on to other stuff. Incredibly enough, the bottle was not expensive, roughly $80 (for a Magnum) and I was told there is a chance it will be brought in again by another importer.

I would recommend a few St. Verant to the guys here, but I see their taste preference is not there. But these wines are tasty and affordable, although not oaky and are crisp.
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote