View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 09:31 AM   #69
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

First Name: John
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Under $20 A Bottle Wine Thread:

I am not much of a white wine drinker, although I do indulge now and then. My friends have sent me a recommendation on the following, advising that it is an exception wine.

2007 Kendall-Jackson "Vintners Reserve"
California Chardonnay

"Thanks to Jess Jackson's extraordinary agricultural empire of top-notch vineyards sprinkled throughout the state of California, the 2007 Vintner's Reserve Chardonnay is entirely made from estate fruit. It is 100% barrel-fermented, and aged five months with 100%malolactic, an incredible fact considering the volume produced. This cuvee seems to get better with each vintage as winemaker Randy Ullom is a virtuoso at producing such high quantity / high quality wine. Purchasers should be sure they are buying it from a retailer who stores it properly as this is a serious Chardonnay. Notes of melons, honeysuckle, and lemon oil along with remarkable flavor and texture are found in this wine, which can be purchased for under $15 a bottle. It is best consumed during the first 1-2 years of life."

~ Robert Parker, Wine Advocate, 90 Points

Retail Price: $13.99 a 750 ml bottle. It is often found for $10.95