Old 12-07-2020, 03:30 PM   #9
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation
Default Re: Kitchen Remodel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
Love it. GE may now be Chinese (Haier) but this profile is built as well as any Profile appliance I've had over the last 20 years before Haier, if not better. Certainly better than the Samsung it replaced.

I am the one who hate fridges that stick out so I got that part in bargain with wife. But if we didn't have a garage fridge too, it would be an extra headache with the loss of space. But it does great at holding way more than I expected. We looked at the Cafe too. My wife decided it wasn't worth it. Oh and a lot of people complain the new GE's are loud. It's not whisper quiet. We have an open concept with 1st floor master. I can hear ice drop int he middle of the night, and occasionally hear it running a little louder than normal. But it's nothing even a moderate conversation isn't louder than.

Thanks! I am the opposite I wanted a full size fridge she wants the counter depth. I complained that I couldn’t even fit a pizza box in there and she told me just to fold it in half. I countered with I’ll just eat the whole thing, she didn’t laugh. We do have a very small kitchen. And have a quiet fridgidair, at least to me, and I can totally hear the ice drop into the bin and I think I’ve gotten used to the noise it makes. The new fridge will be enclosed so I’m going to guess that might amplify the sound a bit.

Does yours have the dual evaporator? Did you notice any benefit from it, like frozen items or produce lasting longer?