Old 06-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
JD11
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (5)
RyJ
JD11 is on a distinguished road
Default Tobacco Questions

Hey all ,
a little backround on me . I'm a cigarette and cigar smoker giving pipes a try.I got a basket pipe starter pack that came with 8 -1oz samples (mostly house aromatics), i also bought 2 cobs and 4oz lane ltd 1Q and a pouch of CBW. trying to get the hang of packing , lighting , relighting , and lighting again and again. all the while pouring over all the threads and reviews here , tobaccoreviews , pipedia and wherever google sends me.

As a NPS with no palate for pipe tobacco and that I have only smoked CBW , Lane 1Q and butternut burley, which i like . What is/are the baccy I should try that would let even MY inexperienced palate taste a "typical" English , Virginia , Vaper , Oriental or other. so that I can then pick a path and find the one that I like in that genre.. If thats even possible being as there is so much out there , not to mention the SGs and other hard to find baccys

I plan on doing the Newb sampler trade at some point , but I want be able to know what I am tasting ,pack a pipe and keep her lit first ..