View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #4600
cort
◤◢◣◥

First Name: Gary
Trading: (41)
cort has disabled reputation
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

I fired up the PBC for the first time on Sat. The results were awesome.

I learned 2 things...
- I take chitty pics
- I'm a PBC believer now

I made 3 racks of baby backs ...
2 with the all purpose rub that came with the PBC and 1 with garlic salt and pepper.

Also made 2 Tri Tips. 1 with the traditional Santa Maria style seasoning and 1 with Montreal Steak seasoning.

I was amazed with the outcome of the ribs. Juicy, flavorful insides with a crunchy bark on the outside that I have never come close to obtaining on my UDS.

The Tri Tips came out great as well but as a Traditional High Heat sear then indirect finish Tri Tip fan I would have liked to seen a little more bark on these. The meat was extremely tender and delicious but with only 40 mins on the PBC they didn't build up the exterior that I am used to. All my guests loved it though so it's all good.

Here are some pics (sorry for the poor quality, I may or may not have had an adult beverage or 7)

I had to cut the bottom 2 ribs off the racks cause they were so damn long. That's what you see on the left there. Chefs snack if you will.

Tri Tips added

Next weekend is gonna be chicken. Dom says it's 2 hours every time. I hope he's right.

Also Peter needs to get one.
cort is offline   Reply With Quote