Thread: nice rums?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #196
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: nice rums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C View Post
Gosling's Black Seal - Cheap, available everywhere, delicious. Don't ever buy Meyer's Dark when Gosling's is sitting nearby.

Pyrat XO - Not bad, but I have a hard time getting paste the citrusy/orange flavor. Almost seems too 'orangey' to be real. Great on ice though.
OK, have tried the Black Seal, and it is tasty. Was given a bottle of Brugal Anejo by a brother on the board and have enjoyed a bit of that.

Now, here's the dilemna. I tasted the Zaya, wanted to get some of my own. So, I've been looking for some Zaya & Ron Zacapa, but noplace nearby (within an hour drive) has them.

I did find a bottle of the Pyrat XO for $26 so I snagged that and had some with an Oliva Connecticut Lonsdale today - very nice pairing. I kind of like the citrusy notes in this rum.