View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #12
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Any interest in a BlackBerry Cigar application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
i would have loved this a year ago... how about something for the Droid instead?
I changed a few things around from my initial concept based on a couple conversations I've had and pending some trials with the Droid SDK, I'll be entertaining the idea.

The way the program will be setup will be easy to port it to the Droid if necessary. The device will source data from an online server and store it to persistent memory. It will also store local data in persistent memory and give the option to sync it to the server. The benefit here is two fold.

As long as you sync it periodically, you won't lose information tied to your account and you'll also be able to see averaged ratings of sticks compiled from other users. Not only that but it gives me the flexibility to eventually make a Windows application in C# and possibly a port of that for the Mac in Cocoa# that can perform a similar task as the mobile device.

Granted this is all up in the air based on how complex I want to make the database, but it should be a fun project.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote